Monday, October 19, 2009

The Tear Jerk Journal - Totally Floored

Hey kids! I just thought I would update you on the building of the teardrop. We finally got some more money scraped together in order to resume construction. We spent a few of the nicer days last week getting a finished floor assembled to the tar baby subfloor, which by the, is still mildly tacky.

Here is the floor that we got cut to the right width with the help of our friend America. For some reason, I didn't realize how difficult it would be to cut a full size sheet of 3/4 inch thick hardwood plywood on a little portable table saw. The stain turned out better than I thought. I am glad I went with the expensive stuff.

It will be good to have this foam insulation between me and the cold ground next time we go camping. You wouldn't believe how much a cold ground can ruin a good nights sleep. You also wouldn't believe what a pain in the butt those Styrofoam "crumbs" were after we cut the strips.

I gotta say I am totally floored at how well the floor came together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Easily I acquiesce in but I dream the list inform should have more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

I wish not concur on it. I think warm-hearted post. Particularly the title attracted me to read the unscathed story.

Get the RSS Reader

Subscribe to this blog by e-mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Add this blog to your homepage

Add to Google Reader or Homepage