Monday, July 20, 2009

Speaking of Text Messages

Last month the wife and I had to switch to a new cell phone provider and in the process we ended up getting these new matching phones. So the other day the wife opens a text message and accidentally hits the space button at the same time; to which she discovers that the phone has a feature where this automated voice will read your text messages to you. So of course, I have had to play with this feature to see what kind of silly things I can do with it.

First I wondered if it would actual say L-O-L, or if it would pronounce lol as “lull”.


This lol knowledge made me wonder exactly how far it would go in reading text acronyms so I tried out lmao.


I was a little confused that it pronounced l-m-a-o like a word instead of “laughing my ass off”. Seriously, I really wanted to hear it say “ass”. So of course the only thing I could do next is to see if it will read the typed out words “laughing my ass off”.


I’d be lying if I said I didn’t giggle a little after that last one. I think I need to hear that a few more times.


Then I started wondering if like the lmao, if it had a limit to the bad words it would say as I recalled a line from one of my favorite movies.


Wow, this thing has quite the potty mouth.

Then I wondered about some other movie quotes.







I’m sure there are many more funny things I could make my phone say, but I seem to have lost interest in this.

No comments:

Get the RSS Reader

Subscribe to this blog by e-mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Add this blog to your homepage

Add to Google Reader or Homepage