Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Justice League (That's How I Now Like To Refer To The Jury Pool)



Jury Duty Day 1

There was a woman who almost lost her child, a guy who had something really personal to keep from public records and many other Jury-fied things that I didn't have the privilege to weigh in on. That's right kids, the first day of jury duty was a bust. All I got to do was listen to 3 hours worth of B.S. that just happened to contain 10 minutes worth of useful information that I already knew because I had read the stuff on the Jury Commission website, and again in the literature that was sent with the summons, and then again with the brochure they gave me at check-in. Needless to say it was a long and boring day. Hopefully day 2 will have some great stuff worth writing about.

I guess there was a little more to it. I also got to sit for 3 more hours surrounded by strange people with nothing worthwile to do. I guess the only thing noteable was this one young woman who just wasn't getting the concept of "required 2 weeks" and had to ask twice if a specific day, that is only 7 days away, was still technically "required". And then worse made a face like the Judge telling her was the stupid one. I hope this dumb ass isn't on the same Jury I am.

Well, that's all I got for you today.

No comments:

Get the RSS Reader

Subscribe to this blog by e-mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Add this blog to your homepage

Add to Google Reader or Homepage