Friday, April 11, 2008

Funny Went M.I.A.

Every so often I have one of these kinds of weeks where I know what I want to talk about in my blog, but I just can’t seem to formulate the words to express it in a humorous way. This week has been one of those weeks. I know there is something funny in this topic, but I just can’t seem to find it.
.
My Biography According To Click Ads
.

.
Lately I have been getting the above banner ad at my Yahoo e-mail account and have wanted to write something about how it must say something about me. That’s right. The ads you get on the internet should say a little bit about what type of person you are when you are online. This is because the big internet companies monitor everyone’s e-mails and their search bar criteria to determine what ads to display. They also have a way of tracking which ads you click on so they know in the future to show you more ads like that one. The monitoring of click ads also determines who should be paid for posting what ad, but that’s not really important to this blog.

Well anyways, I have been getting the above ad and I am not really sure I ever searched or e-mailed anything about hard liquor or mixed drinks at the Yahoo website. The closest thing to that would be a brief comment I jokingly made in another blog about being an expert on boobs and beer which could be linked to from a link that you can reach from another link that all begins at the link in my e-mail signature. I can understand the Iams dog food ads after the question I posted at Yahoo Answers, or the Champion Windows ad after specifically searching for the Champion Windows website; but seriously, Yahoo would have had to sort through a lot of links and useless information to get the information to cause them to display this ad. Now granted, there are mass marketing ads like those for soft drinks, or cars, but I highly doubt the above ad was meant for the general audience.
.

So here I am at the point in this blog where I should be able to write something funny about what Yahoo and Google click ads say about me. But what? Apparently these inconsequential details of my life don’t contain any jokes at all. Not even “An Iams dog walks into an online bar and asks to buy windows” kind of joke. Oh well, I guess that’s just the week I have been having.

No comments:

Get the RSS Reader

Subscribe to this blog by e-mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Add this blog to your homepage

Add to Google Reader or Homepage