Thursday, September 11, 2008

100 Beers in 100 Days - The Professor Is In

Day 58 - Skull Splitter (and rightfully so with an alcoholic content of 8.5% by volume)



Well Beer Heads, it's time for us to move on to the next country on our beer odyssey. Today we find ourselves at the northern tip of Scotland in the Orkney Islands. These Islands were home to a 7th Viking Earl named Thorfinn Hausakluif "The Skull Splitter" who ruled here around 1000 A.D. You know, it's amazing how much history I have learned just reading the backs of these beer bottles. I bet there's enough that I could teach a college course on Beer Bottle History.

"Alright now class, everyone take your seats, and take out your Skull Splitter bottle, We will be learning about the Vikings today."

Well anyways, this is a real nice beer. It reminds me alot of one we have drank already. Maybe the Paulaner Salvator Double Bock. In fact, I'm pretty sure it is so you could just read about that one here and pretend that I was also talking about this one. It must be real tasty because I drank that pretty fast. I will rate this a 7 on the beer scale since that's what I rated the other one.

Class dismissed!


No comments:

Get the RSS Reader

Subscribe to this blog by e-mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Add this blog to your homepage

Add to Google Reader or Homepage