Monday, August 4, 2008

100 Beers in 100 Days - For Christ's Sake Get That Man A Beer

Day 19 – Paulaner Salvator Double Bock



Looks like the odyssey brings us back to Munich for a couple more German beers. Today we’re at the Paulaner Brewery trying their signature Salvator (savior) brew. I had a good first of impression of this beer because it’s reddish color ressembles that of amber beers that I like. Hmm, I wonder if the Minim Friars, that the Paulaner name is derived from, called it “Savior” because of it’s rich red color. Or is it called Savior because it saves you from drinking another golden, yeasty beer made in Munich. I don’t know, but either way the name would make sense. Despite being affiliated with the people who make that ‘butt flavored’* Heineken, the Salvator is a great tasting beer. The taste and aroma were both rather enigmatic, but Iron Chef and I agreed that there was a little fruit, citrus, and slight “toastyness” to it. We really like it, and will rate it a 7 on the beer scale.

Now go tie one on with all your old friends at
Humor-Blogs.com



* - I should point out that I don’t know what butt tastes like. That choice of description describes more of an impression that I got from Heineken.

No comments:

Get the RSS Reader

Subscribe to this blog by e-mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Add this blog to your homepage

Add to Google Reader or Homepage