Wednesday, August 6, 2008

100 Beers in 100 Days-Going for Gold

Day 22 - krusovice



Today Beer Heads we find ourselves at the krusovice Royal Brewery drinking beer that's Czech, not cache. I mean it's from the Czech Republic. That's where the odyssey brings us today. This beer is both very new to America, and very obscure in the world of beer which means I can't find anything online about to report to you in this post. All I know is that the label says that it won the gold medal in Prague in 1891.


it doesn't say in which Olympic event that was, but I am guessing it could have been the Javelin Throw.
.
.
I tried to write more about the flavor last night, but the blogger people can't tell time, and took their site down before 4pm PDT and I ended up losing that part and I don't feel like re-doing it. The only thing I remember anyways is that Iron Chef thought she detected a faint smell of baby formula?!? I think we rated it a 3.5 on the beer scale.

2 comments:

Meg said...

You really should be getting some cut from the beer companies for doing this.

I love the German/Beligum/Czeck stuff, but I really American micro-brewed IPAs is where it's at.

Arpeggio Andy said...

I'll drink to that!

Get the RSS Reader

Subscribe to this blog by e-mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Add this blog to your homepage

Add to Google Reader or Homepage