Monday, September 1, 2008

100 Beers in 100 Days - Something Completely Different

Day 47 - Samuel Smith’s Organic Lager


Once again we welcome the members of B.R.E.W (Beer Reviewing Enthusiasts of the World) for the sampling of today’s beer. We were all very pleased with this beer. It was a very American beer except that it wasn’t watered down. There wasn’t much analysis of this one since that’s not really the personality of the "inner circle" when we are seated around a camp fire. Sam Adams did happen to note that it was a very clean and smooth beer, while Grand Tetons and Iron Chef contemplated the balance between the heavier malt and stronger hops flavors. I am sure there was more, but more drinks, and falling asleep seems to have erased those reviews from my mind.

Day 48 - Monty Python’s HOLY GRAIL
A word from the founder of Black Sheep Breweries. One day I built this brewery up from nothing. When I started, all I had was swamp! Other brewers said I was daft to build a brewery on a swamp, but I built it all the same, just to show 'em! It sank into the swamp, so I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. I built a third one. It burned down, fell over, and then it sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up! And that's what you're going to get beer from, Beer Heads--the strongest brewery on these islands!

No comments:

Get the RSS Reader

Subscribe to this blog by e-mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Add this blog to your homepage

Add to Google Reader or Homepage