Saturday, July 26, 2008

100 Beers in 100 Days - Day 10

Day 10 - Franziskaner Weissbier (Wheat Beer)



I have now lead you all to the Bavarian city of Munich in the southern part of Germany. Oh my, I can hear the singing of angels all around us. It’s glorious! See Beer Heads, I told you this place was a holy promised land! Oh wait, never mind. That’s just the chants coming from the Franciscan monastery across the street. Which is not surprising since the name Franziskaner is derived from the Franciscan’s and the name Munich is derived from the German word for monk.

Franziskaner Weissbier is a great beer. There is no bitterness or bad aftertaste at all. It has just enough of a grain flavor to be a good beer. I would swear there is a hint of some citrus fruit, and Iron Chef says she found the coriander that went totally AWOL from that Hoegaarden beer. I will rate this beer an 8.

So now go tie one on with all of your good friends at Humor-Blogs.com

No comments:

Get the RSS Reader

Subscribe to this blog by e-mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Add this blog to your homepage

Add to Google Reader or Homepage