Monday, July 21, 2008

100 Beers in 100 Days - Day 5

Trappistes Rochefort 8


I was lucky enough to get to the beer aisle at Jungle Jim’s international market just as “The Beer Guy” was stocking the elusive Trappistes Rochefort and therefore would be able to try it before leaving the Belgium beers. By the way, I decided to choose beers geographically in order to have another interesting element to these beer odyssey blogs that have already become as stale as can of Shlitz, but more on that tomorrow.

I had high expectations for this beer since The Stinker was totally rubbing his nipples over this brand, and also because the last Trappist ale I tried was sooooo goooood…when it touched my lips. And this beer totally met those expectations. My first impression of the newly poured beer was pretty much the same I had when I first drank Guinness. Heavy beer, thick head, dark color, you know that good stuff I’m talking about. Iron Chef immediately picked up on some coffee or chocolate flavor that was too faint to make out for sure. I ‘m gonna say the flavor is coffee because I belched a short while later and it had the same affect as that time I chugged the whole pot at work. Iron Chef didn’t like this as much as the fruiter Trappist ale, but I like it better.

Now go tie one on with all your old friends at
Humor-Blogs.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never had the #8. Excellent choice, I think it's classified as a "Belgian Strong Ale."

Get the RSS Reader

Subscribe to this blog by e-mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Add this blog to your homepage

Add to Google Reader or Homepage