Wednesday, October 15, 2008

100 Beers in 100 Days - The Big Easy

Day 91 - Dixie Beer
.

.
Today Beer Heads I figured since we are drinking Dixie Beer from “Nawlins”, that I would teach you how to cook up a tasty little Ca-jon dish that Iron Chef taught me how to make so-ins I can make dinner some nights too. It’s called Easy Soup Gumbo, and I gar-on-tee you’ll like it. Before we get started I have to confess that I’m not a full fledged Ca-jon, I only half bleed Ca-jon, so this recipe won’t seem as authentic as something from that Emeril guy. But enough about dat, let’s get cookin’.

.
First, you take 2 cans-o-Progresso Chicken and Rice soup, 1 can-o-broth, and 1 can-o-water, and you throw dat in da pot like so.
.
After dat, you take a packet-o-Old El Paso taco seasoning, and stir dat into da soup real good. Ooh-wee dats some spi-cey stuff. I can really smell da chili powder in dat packet.
.
Then, you crank up da heat until da pot starts to boil.
.
When da pot is a boilin’, you turn down da heat ans give it a real good stir so-ins it don’t burn to da bottom of da pot. Ooh, I can smell dat soup and seasoning. Dats real nice.
.
Now you gotta open a bag of boil-in-bag style-o-rice and pour dat into da pot.
.
This is also a good time to put in da meat part of da gumbo. I like to put in some slices of Kielbasa sausage.
.
Then let da whole thing just simmer for about a half hour or so.
.
You know it’s done when it’s a nice thick, moist con-sistency. Serve it up in a bowl nice an hot. Ooh-wee, dats good. You gon-love it! I gar-on-tee
.
You know what would go good with this Easy Soup Gumbo? Some Dixie Beer, that's what. Dixie is a real good beer, and I'm not just a whistlin' Dixie either. Iron Chef said it had a clean smell, a crisp taste and was generally pleasant. She described it as a "spiked wheat tea". The only complaint she could possibly make is that it's taste was rather plain. This smooth easy drinking beer from 'the big easy' is easily an 8 on the beer scale.
.
Cheers!

No comments:

Get the RSS Reader

Subscribe to this blog by e-mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Add this blog to your homepage

Add to Google Reader or Homepage